IC1396 - let's do a re-process.... erm.... are you sure.... yeh, come on....

For a while now I have been wanting to get more colour from my images that have been taken using a One Shot Colour (OSC) camera and a filter like the l-enhance narrowband from Optolong, and what do you know - I found some information to do just this.

I came across a post on YouTube by a bloke I've been following for a while - Luke from Lukomatico (https://youtu.be/YkxhGhuj3YQ).

He goes through a very detailed process of obtaining a Bi-colour/Hubble type image from an RGB capture using a software application called Siril (which I have used and mentioned on the blog before).

I did use Affinity Photo to do some final tweaks too.

All-in-all some very powerful image processing techniques that I will be using in future and playing around with much more too. Thanks Luke! :)



IC1396 Elephant's Trunk Nebula in Cepheus

Clear skies
MJ




Comments