Messier 31 - The Andromeda Galaxy

Lying some 2.5 million light years away in the constellation of Andromeda, our nearest galactic neighbour M31 is visible with the naked eye on a good clear night.

I have not captured this target since I very first started this hobby so it was long overdue!

The core area is a particularly difficult area to process, but I found in this case using Affinity Photo's stacking option did a better initial job than Deep Sky Stacker (with Kappa Sigma clipping as I had noticed some satellite trails). Processing took about 1 hour.

I hope to re-visit this target in the Autumn/Winter months.

114 x 90sec (2hr 51min total) Altair Astro 80ED Refractor with 0.6x flattener/reducer Altair Astro Hypercam 183C PRO (Gain 1000, Offest 40, Bin 1x1) SkyTech LPRO Max filter Processed with Affinity Photo

Clear skies

MJ


Comments