Messier 63 - Sunflower Galaxy

With not much in the way of clear skies lately, I jumped at the chance of a 5 hour window the other night even though it was a 3/4 lit Moon and fairly light anyway due to the time of year.

I did not really appreciate how small it was with my imaging setup, but heh, these things are sent to try us right?!

As I needed to crop the image quite substantially to get to it, this did mean I had to push more on some of the processing.

I have been waiting to get this target for a while and it was on my list this year as part of "Galaxy Season".
I give you Messier 63 or Sunflower Galaxy, some 27-30 million light years distant in the northern constellation of Canes Venatici.

40 x 240 secs.
Unity Gain / Bin 1x1
SkyTech LPRO Max filter
Processed with Deep Sky Stacker and Affinity Photo

Clear skies.
MJ.


Comments