Planetary and Reflection Nebula (M27 & NGC6914)

I have been wanting to give my Altair Astro Hypercam a good run for it's money recently. I really wanted to know whether (in my opinion) it out performed my Canon DSLR, as this is why I purchased it in the first place - the thinking mans dedicated one shot colour camera!

So I re-visited Messier 27 - a planetary nebula in Vulpecula at 1227 light years and a new target NGC6914 - a reflection nebula in Cygnus some 6000 light years away.

The camera did not disappoint and it shines (compared to my DSLR) in two distinct areas - low noise and increased sensitivity.

NGC6914 - total of 2hr 20mins.


M27 - total 2hr 12mins.

Clear skies.
MJ.


Altair Astro 72ED-R Refractor at f/4.8 with 0.8x flattener/reducer
Alatir Astro Hypercam 183C PRO with Optolong L-eNhance filter
Rowan-modded SkyWatcher HEQ5 Pro

Images processed using SiriL, Deep Sky Stacker and Affinity Photo.

Comments