Altair Astro Hypercam 183C PRO First Light

One of the reasons for this blog was to show how we progressed over time and what a true amateur astronomer could achieve given time. I've decided to up my game a little.
As you may know from previous posts I have started to struggle with camera noise. This is due to two factors - sensor temperature and expsoure time. Both are a consequence of wanting to gather more data. Noise can be processed out to some degree and is not so much of an issue in the winter months. However, I was after much more of an even outcome no matter what time of year it was and less battling with the noise in post processing.
So I decided to get my first dedicated astro camera - the Altair Astro Hypercam 183C PRO.

I wanted to post this here as my First Light attempt and to show just how good this camera is.
The images are of:
(1) the Sadr region in Cygnus and is only 20 x 90sec subs with Gain 50% (30 mins. total), processed in Deep Sky Stacker and Affinity Photo
(2) my current rig (shown with the Altair Astro Mini Guider MG32)

Clear skies.
MJ.



Altair Astro 72ED-R Refractor at f/4.8 with 0.8x flattener/reducer
Altair Astro Hypercam 183C PRO with Optolong L-eNhance filter
Rowan-modded SkyWatcher HEQ5 Pro

Comments