First Light

Thought I'd try out the new Star Adventurer as the skies were supposed to be clear.  Well they weren't!

I had done a basic polar allignment and used a 17mm lens and trying out different exposures and ISO's. The moon was out and I have quite a bit of light pollution as well however these shots are a 40 second exposure and the mount has kept everything steady so if things go awry I can't blame my tools!!

There was a lot of high cloud but these were the images of the Plough processed in Lightroom, Photoshop and Faststone.

Photoshop

Lightroom

Faststone - Using Raw

As you can see the Raw image is by far the best but processing is a major part of this hobby and these images will improve as I do.

I also thought I'd pop a lunar shot as well as the moon has looked so good this week.

I'll be back out again tonight so hopefully there'l be an improvement on the above.

Al

Comments