Christmas Tree Cluster

With the winter constellations definately leaving our skies for another year I tried to get another object that has eluded me - the Christmas Tree Cluster in Monoceros.

With all the will in the world I am fighting a losing battle here as it is really already too low and for some reason seem to be getting noisy sub-frames from the camera at present (although it was a very mild night and the camera sensor was running at around 28 deg. C!).
However, I did my best and got this. It has been heavily cropped and processed but I hope you see the beauty.

Clear skies.
MJ

Altair Astro 72ED-R Refractor at f/6 with 1.0x field flattener
Canon 600D stock at prime focus with SkyTech CLS clip-in filter
Rowan modded SkyWatcher HEQ5 Pro
3min guided subs at ISO1600
57min total RGB (plus darks/flats/bias)
Processed in Deep Sky Stacker and Photoshop

Comments