European AstroFest 2020

Friday 31st January and Saturday 1st February saw the hosting of AstroFest in London at the Kensington Conference and Events Centre and I was there!
I have always wanted to attend events such as this but never got around to it, but when I came across an advert for it in Astronomy Now magazine and saw that the Astrophotographer Nik Szymanek would be talking I booked my place!
I first encountered Nik on YouTube as part of the DeepSkyVideos channel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fig8WFALU_k) filmed by Brady Haran and found it packed with information. He is also a regular contributor to Astronomy Now.
After a very early start on the Friday morning I arrived in plenty of time to find Nik not only there but waiting near where his book signing was to be (Shooting Stars II). What a thoroughly decent bloke and all-round nice chap who was very keen to talk about his knowledge on Astrophotography.
I managed to get a signed copy of his book and watch his talk as part of the morning session - very inspiring.
All the names were exhibiting at the conference too and there were no shortage of offers and equipment to purchase and drool over!
All-in-all a great day out and I will definately be attending again and hopefully others in the near future.

Oh, and ..... when are we going to get some clear skies ....?

MJ




Comments