Messier 45 (M45) Pleiades

So, with a break in the weather after about 6 weeks of non-strop cloud and rain I managed to get outside once again!
It was proper "backyard" astronomy this time - my garden was far too boggy so I set up on my drive.
Luckily I only have one LED street lamp to contend with and Bortle 5 skies. Nice.
My target was Messier 45 - the Seven Sisters or Pleiades. It is quite a bright target and a challenge to process too. I need to up my game .... so I set to it!



Messier 45 (M45) Pleiades
Altair Astro 72ED-R Refractor at f/6 with 1.0x field flattener
Canon 600D stock at prime focus with SkyTech CLS clip-in filter
Rowan modded SkyWatcher HEQ5 Pro
90sec guided subs at ISO1600
56min total (plus darks//bias)
Processed in Deep Sky Stacker and Photoshop

Clear skies.
MJ.


Comments