Messier 27 - Dumbbell Nebula re-processed

Whilst the skies remain cloudy I have taken the time to try amd hone my processing skills. I know this will never end, but it is truly remarkable what you can produce with time and a little patience.
It was clear to me that I needed to learn more about how dark, flat and bias frames relate to the light frames and how they can be best processed (using Deep Sky Stacker) and then (say) Photoshop.
I have also had to do a little digging into the world of camera colour balance as I use a CLS clip-in filter with my unmoddeed DSLR.
For example, I have found that flat frames introduce a red colour cast in some of my images when using the CLS filter.
So, with small steps in mind I decided to re-visit my data on the Dumbbell Nebula from September 2015 and here it is:


Canon T5/1200D unmodded at prime focus on Orion ST80.
Skywatcher EQ3-2 unguided.
27min total at ISO1600 (lights, darks and bias)

Clear skies.
MJ

Comments