The bounty of Cygnus

Putting the auto-guiding to one side for a while whilst I figure out some "issuse", I decided to get out the other night and do something.
I have been gathering information for a few weeks about what I could see in Cygnus. It is nearly at my Zenith (overhead) for most of the night now so I decided to give it a go.
What target though....? Well, I decided on NGC6888 - Crescent Nebula.


Altair Astro 72 ED-R Refractor at f/6 with 1.0x field flattener.
Canon 600D at prime focus with a SkyTech CLS clip-in to filter out light pollution.
I took 2 minute unguided subs at ISO1600 for a total of 60 minute light frames (plus darks/flats/bias).
Processed in Deep Sky Stacker and Photoshop.

I have also invested in the Astronomy Tools action set for Photoshop which makes a significant difference, both in processing time and effort.

My mount is the SkyWatcher HEQ5 PRO with the Rowan upgrade.

Clear skies.
MJ

Comments