Monkey See, Monkey Do

As my learned friend has given a brief synopsis about his interest I thought it only wise to include mine.

My interest stems from my brother who had an interest in stars. Back in the early 80's, along with my dad they mounted an old brass telescope onto an improvised "tripod" using an old broom handle and 2 bits of wood. My brother taught me the where the Plaides, Cassiopeia and Orion were and, thus, a spark was lit.

I was a naked eye astronomer until about 8 years ago when I bought my first scope but having little patience my main target was the moon as I could find it without too much trouble!

Most of my astronomy is still done with the naked eye and as a "fair weather camper" I'm always amazed to see the multitude of stars when out in the field hitherto unseen in the City. It is with this in mind and my fellow bloggers enthusiasm that I now take to the garden on a clear night and look heavenward.

Al

Comments